Podcasts that rank higher on iTunes charts get more listeners. This is a fact! When people look for new podcasts, they drift toward the top shows on the charts. So like a lot of podcasters, you probably want to see your podcast rankings better on iTunes among the other top podcasts.
Apple Podcast ranking is specified by: how often your show is downloaded, how many ratings and reviews it has, and how much buzz it’s provoking online.
To get a higher rank, you should:
- submit new episodes in advance
- ask your listeners for reviews and ratings
- promote the podcast on social platforms
- improve podcast SEO
- use relevant keywords in the show title and description
- make podcast descriptions searchable